Spring has sprung! Here are some things you can be doing in your garden during April.
- Keep weeds under control by hand weeding or herbicide. It’s advisable to hand weed early season as the weed growth will not be as heavy
- Protect the flowers of fruit trees by covering with fleece to prevent frost damage
- Sow seeds of annual plants and herbs either under glass protection or in situ
- Increase watering of house plants
- Feed shrubs and roses with a balanced fertiliser such as Growmore or blood, fish and bone
- Repair bare areas in grassland, or prepare and sow grass seeds for lawns
- Gently prune lavender to reduce leggy growth